“Cracked heel” caused by what and how to treat it correctly
Who has broken heels? How do you solve the problem? Anyone who rubs a file, scissors, trims or scrubs vigorously, try to check at UFABET. If it’s the right way or not.
What are the symptoms of cracked heels?
cracked heel It is a symptom of the heel being dry, thick, rough, hard until it cracks and splits into sheets. If the wound cracks to the inside May cause ulcers to bleed or have a stinging sensation.
cracked heel It usually occurs during cold, dry winters. But it can happen at any time. and can occur at any age depending on the behavior of living
What causes cracked heels?
- dry or cold weather
- drink less
- Take a shower with warm water that is too hot. Staying in hot water for a long time or too often
- Use a soap that dries out your skin. Do not apply a nourishing cream that makes the feet moisturize.
- Scrubbing your feet too harsh
- wearing shoes that do not take care of the feet or expose the feet too much
- Being obese, being overweight
- Is a patient with diabetes
The dangers of cracked heels
In addition to the symptoms of cracked heels are not attractive in terms of beauty. It also creates problems for people because. They may have pain from the wound. And if the problem of cracke heels is left to deep wounds and not treat. There may be a risk of serious infection. Especially patients with diabetes or obesity.
How to properly treat cracked heels
- use nourishing products Moisturizes the skin around the heels. By choosing products, creams, lotions that nourish the skin in the heel. To reduce the problem of cracked heels in particular. It may be a skin cream containing dimethicone (Dimethicone) that will help prevent dry skin. and increase moisture and retain water for the skin Reduces the formation of thick and matte skin from dry skin that causes cracked heels. including moisturizing skin cream or cream containing oil
- Apply petroleum jelly to the cracked heel area. Should applied. Before going to bed and wearing socks over it. Let the skin on the cracked heels absorb the moisture from the gel all night while sleeping.
- Drink adequate amounts of clean water.
- Do not use soap that contains concentrated chemicals or ingredients that can dry out your skin. Choose a soap that takes care of the skin. hypoallergenic does not irritate the skin and does not dry out the skin
- Lose weight to a reasonable level
- Choose to wear shoes with soft soles. That take care of your feet or wear thick socks. to help nourish the skin on the heels
If the cracked heel does not improve How should I fix it?
In some cases, the heel is severely cracked. Until it greatly interferes with daily life Or the wound on the heel is cracked, very painful or infected, should see a doctor for proper treatment. The doctor may consider one or the other treatment method. depending on the severity of the symptoms
- Necrosis surgery The doctor will cut out some hard, thick skin breaks. It should only be done by a doctor. If you do it yourself, you may risk getting the wound infected.
- Use a bandage to cover the wound. To reduce the shock and tear of the heel wound.
- Treatment with medication, either topical, oral, or both. to relieve pain and inflammation or ointments containing urea or salicylic acid
- Reinforce the insole. By using a rubber shoe pad to relieve weight and pressure on the heel. This can relieve symptoms and severity of cracked heels.